A cat carrier is a very important thing to have when you get your first cat. It is essentially one of the first things you should buy because you will need it to bring your cat home. Besides bringing your cat home, there are other reasons why cat carriers are important to have.
Riding in the car
· For their safety it is best that cats ride in a carrier when you drive. If you were to get in an accident, without a carrier they would have nothing holding them back and the chances of them getting hurt are much greater.
· For your safety it is better that a cat is in a carrier instead of just free. This way you don’t have to worry about what they are doing. You also don’t have to worry about them getting into places they should be such as under your brake pedal.
Going to the veterinarian office
· You will need a cat travel carrier to transport your cat in when you go to the vet office.
· It is better for your cat’s safety to have a carrier so that they don’t get attacked by another cat or a dog that is at the vet office.
· If you cat is scared of new situations, a travel carrier may help them overcome this fear.
Going to a pet store
· Again you will need a cat carrier bag to take your cat with you in the car. This is for your and their safety.
· Many pet stores require your pet to be on a leash, since most cats don’t walk well on a leash, a soft cat carrier is your next best option. This allows you to still take them places and they can enjoy it because they are not fighting the leash and collar.